As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the mission of The Clinic is to provide low-income individuals and families — facing immigration removal proceedings with the Kansas City Immigration Court — access to quality pro bono or discounted fee legal representation.
The Clinic assists a growing, under-served population of individuals facing removal from the U.S., in part because they are unable to engage qualified legal services in Kansas City. Specifically, The Clinic’s attorneys seek relief or protection from removal for the population they serve, which includes people who:
- Are currently engaged in removal proceedings by the Kansas City Immigration Court
- Are confused about the law and removal process
- Have been given inaccurate and misleading information
- Face difficult choices on how to fight their removal process
- Lack the funds to retain immigration attorneys who can best guide them